The Town Council is made up of 20 elected Councillors each representing a particular Ward.
Elections are held every 4 or 5 years.
The Town Clerk is Suzanne Wilson.
Chair and Vice-Chair of the Town Council
Each year the Council elects a Chair whose role is to represent Connah’s Quay at Civic Functions and other local events. They are supported by a Vice-Chair who is also elected each year.
The Chair of the Town Council is Councillor A. Manship.
The Vice-Chair is Councillor A. Owen.
We have a number of Standing Committees which all Councillors are members of. The Chair and Vice-Chair of each committee is agreed at the Council’s Annual Meeting in May.
- Chair: Councillor A. Wren
- Vice-Chair: Councillor R. Mansell
Finance and General Purposes Committee
- Chair: Councillor B. Crease
- Vice-Chair: Councillor A. R. Owen
Recreation and Entertainments Committee
- Chair: Councillor A. Manship
- Vice-Chair: Councillor D. Owen
Town Regeneration Committee
- Chair: Councillor D. Richardson
- Vice-Chair: Councillor D. Addaway
- Councillor J. B. Attridge
- Councillor B. Crease
- Councillor A. R. Owen
- Councillor D. Owen
- Councillor R. O’Gorman
- Councillor W. Catterall
- Councillor R. Mansell
At the Annual Meeting of the Council, nominations are also made for Councillors to represent the Town Council on various bodies (for a one-year period) and school governing bodies (for a period of four years).
School Governing Bodies
- Bryn Deva C. P.: Councillor E. S. Faulkner
- Ysgol Cae’r Nant: Councillor A. Wren
- Goftyn C. P.: Councillor D. Richardson
- Wepre C. P.: Councillor B. Crease
Connah’s Quay Old Peoples’ Association: Councillor D. Owen and Councillor R. Mansell
North and Mid Wales Association of Local Councils: Councillor B Crease; Councillor A. R. Owen; and, Councillor R Mansell
Wrexham-Bidston Rail Users’ Association: Councillor D. Owen
Llwyni Strategic Consultative Board: Councillor B. Crease and Councillor A. Wren
Parc Adfer Community Liaison Group: Councillor J. B. Attridge
Connah’s Quay and Shotton Interservices Committee: Councillor A. Owen
View our financial regulations document