Allotments are green open spaces, often providing a haven for wildlife in the heart of towns and cities. They also offer huge potential to help create a sustainable community by:
- Increasing people’s awareness of food including how it is grown;
- Offering healthy physical recreation for people;
- Providing therapeutic benefits, to alleviate stress in some instances;
- Bringing people together from all age groups and backgrounds;
- Teaching children about where food comes from and the role fruit and vegetables play in a healthy lifestyle;
- Encourage a varied and valued habitat for a range of flora and fauna, as well as insects and other wildlife.
We have one site of allotments for letting with 36 individual plots.
How much does it cost?
It costs £24.00 a year to let half an allotment plot. This cost covers administration and water fees. The charge is reviewed annually. The fee can be paid in full or in equal quarterly instalments. A discount of £2.00 is applied if the fee is paid in full by 30 April.
How to pay
Payment can be made in 4 installments but we do offer a discount for anyone making payment in full before the end of April.
Applying for an allotment site
To qualify for an allotment, you’ll need to:
- live in Connah’s Quay
- be at least 18 years old
Allotment waiting list
You can apply online to join the allotment waiting list.
Where is the allotment site?
Our allotment site is at Mill Lane, Connah’s Quay.